Quality Indicators of Assistive Technology
The mission of QIAT is to guide the provision of quality AT services to improve
educational achievement of students with disabilities.
QIAT activities for improvement of assistive technology services include:
• Developing descriptive indicators of effective practices
• Developing tools to evaluate services for continuous improvement
• Creating resources to guide planning and implementation
• Identifying and sharing information and resources
• Providing opportunities for communication and collaboration
The descriptors of effective assistive technology practices were created to help school
districts evaluate and improve or develop their services. They consist of the specific
indicators which are descriptive statements, descriptions of common errors that may
occur, and self-evaluation matrices.